Monday, March 19, 2012

Step 2 "Gimme Shelter" The Rolling Stones

Here's my attempt at "Gimme Shelter." 


One thing that sucks is playing along as the song is being piped out of laptop speakers in an apartment.  It essentially makes it near impossible to get good tone AND a good mix.  But, you can hear the parts pretty well.  I'm still working on the rhythm during the verses.  There are a couple things going on...and it was hard to choose what to focus on.  There are little leads throughout and then there is the feel of the rhythm.  So, there's still room for improvement there.

Also, I made a couple little mistakes in the lead at the beginning...in part because I'm still fishing out exactly how it goes.  I have most of it...but a little section in the middle, I haven't quite grasped exactly what Keith plays.

Lastly, I tried to stay true to the solo and the fills.  But I couldn't help but go off a little bit on my own at the end.  This style is my favorite style to solo over and I just had to take a shot at a little fun.  I think it sounds pretty good at the end.

Anyway, I will continue to work on the parts mentioned above but I think I'm ready to move on to a new song too.  AND Wes Montgomery's "Four on Six" is an ongoing project.       

No comments:

Post a Comment